substrate. This requires a dry, sound and clean surface without residues or orther contaminants. The substrate
is the basis of a floor, whether it is new or old - detailed inspection and analysis is essential to determine
the correct substrate preparation for a successful flooring system.
Substrate analysis by
- measuring the substrate moisture content
- measuring the compressive stregth
- determine the visual defects
Purpose of substrate preparation
- removal of residues from coatings and curing membranes and of surface contamination.
- removal of cement laitance and low strength layers.
- removal of damaged concrete/concrete replacement and exposure of reinforcement.
- removal of rust spots from exposed reinforcement and other metal parts.
- cleaning water, dust and loose material from the concrete base.
- removal of oil, grease etc.
Method of surface preration
- Diamond grinding
- Steel brush